Yesterday was Elliott’s 6 month birthday. I celebrated by heading to the dollar store for some “toys” inspired by this article. I found some fun baskets, balls, a mirror, and shaped containers. They are simple toys for him to roll, bounce, open, close and explore.
I have been meeting with the same two women once a week for over a year to pray. Every Monday we sit and catch up by listening to everyone’s stories from the week. We listen about the cute things our babies are doing, the things we are wrestling with and thinking about. Then we spend the rest of the evening bringing one another before God in prayer. Bearing one another’s burdens. I am thankful for them and the friendship that quickly develops when you dive into the thick of life together.
This past Monday I made a berry crisp to share, and wanted to give you the recipe so that you could share it with some sweet friends.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- Mix oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and butter in the bottom of an 8×8 pan
- Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture
- Squish the rest of the mixture on the bottom of your pan
- Sprinkle blueberries in an even layer on top
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of mixture
- Bake for 40 minutes