Podcasts are my favorite way to consume media. I love to listen to them as I work, and am always in search of new content. I use the podcast app on my iphone and download them from itunes. They are free, informative, and extremely entertaining. Here is a roundup of a few of my favorites. Please let me know what your favorites are too by commenting!
- AMERICA’S TEST KITCHEN Fool proof recipes, interviews, product reviews, and your food questions answered.
- AFTER THE JUMP I love this podcast from Grace Bonney the creator of the Design Sponge blog. She interviews creatives and designers, talks about running a business, and lifestyle design.
- PLANET MONEY Economics made interesting.
- 99% INVISIBLE A great show about design in our everyday lives.
- JILLIAN MICHAELS This is why I love podcasts. It is quirky, informative, and entertaining and not at all what you would expect from a celebrity personal trainer. It feels like you’re listening in on a conversation in her living room, in a good way.
- THE SPLENDID TABLE Another great podcast on the world of food.
- 48 DAYS TO THE WORK YOU LOVE Question and answers with a career life coach.
- THIS AMERICAN LIFE First-person stories and short fiction pieces that are touching, funny, and surprising.
- DAVE RAMSEY Questions and answers about money. We followed his plan to pay off all of our debt including our house.