Each week of 2014 I am going to post a little challenge for myself, and if you want you can try it out too. The challenges will be based around exploring, giving things up, giving things away, and making things. These are all areas that I want to grow in this next year.
We are now in that post-holiday hangover time of year and I thought for this week’s challenge would be appropriate to do nothing. Monday through Friday of this week I am going to spend no money*.
There are only 2 rules if you want to play along:
- You can’t stockpile in advance, you must use what you already have
- You can’t spend any money
The goals of the fiscal fast are:
- Use up the things that you have. I’m looking forward to getting creative with food that has been pushed to the back of the pantry.
- Becoming aware of the small purchases that you regularly make.
- Redefining what is a necessary purchase.
- Remembering all of the cool things that you can do for free.
Let me know if you are planning on following along, and if you end up bending the rules at all.
*I am making one planned exception of a bargain breakfast with my friend Sarah that was rescheduled from last week.