I find a lot of joy in simple pleasures, one thing that I have been enjoying lately is Chai Tea. My friend Lindsey of Coco Love Homemade posted a few photos of the tea and it inspired me to make my own. When I looked up a recipe I was surprised that I already had everything on hand.
This recipe makes about 3 servings.
A note on ginger before we get started. I always keep a chunk of it in the freezer to use whenever I need it. It seems to stay good for months and it also grates easier with my microplane.
Along with the other ingredients listed above you will need 3 cups of water 1 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Start by adding water, grated ginger, and the rest of the spices in a pot.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tea bags and let them steap for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags.
- Strain the tea through a fine mesh or coffee filter.
- Add sugar and milk and bring back to a simmer.
- Serve with your favorite fall pastry.